13 May 2012

ode to my mommy



Thank you for being my mother, you’ve done a hell of a job
Thank you for loving me, especially when I was difficult to love
Thank you for letting me walk the footprints alone, sorry I didn't want you to join
Thank you for nurturing me, despite my desire to grow up too fast
Thank you for being there for me, when I need anything or needed everything
Thank you for showing me how great God is when you trust in Him
Thank you for teaching me how to treat and respect women
Thank you for accompanying me to a thousand and one doctor appointments
Thank you for giving me your Italian blood and the passion that comes along with it
Thank you for taking my picture every fifteen seconds as I was growing up
Thank you for living a life I can (and do) admire and strive to live like
Thank you for holding me hand during the bad times
Thank you for crying with me during the sad times
Thank you for praying with me during the scary times
Thank you for celebrating with me during the good times
Thank you for putting my needs ahead of yours (expect for that one laser tag party I missed)
Thank you for pushing me to be the best I could be, despite me wanting to give up
Thank you for making those thousands of meals, especially for the ones I never thanked you for   
Thank you for loving me, day in and day out
Thank you for being my mommy, 20 successful years and counting

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, David, for being the son we are so proud of.
    Thank you, David, for realizing God is the source of your life and your future
    Thank you, David, for being an inspiration to all of us who have watched and lived your journey.
    Thank you, David, for all you have given back to your family.
    Thank you, David, for catching what we've taught, relating it to your life and applying it to your circumstances.
    Thank you, David, for teaching us that by trusting in God we can overcome the obstacles that life puts us in our way.
    Thank you, David, for putting up with your parents when we acted in your best interest when you didn't see it at the time.
    Thank you, David, for realizing that it was better to communicate with us more often than you were comfortable while you were far from home.
    Thank you, David, for taking risks (Co-Director for Spring Sing, RA in your Junior year) that we were hesitant to embrace yet have contributed to your maturity.
    Thank you, David, for connecting with Grandpa in Santa Barbara even though he answers simple questions with an hour of explanation.
    Thank you, David, for being so gentile with Nonna now that she is in the twilight of her life.
    Thank you, David, for being so involved with your younger cousins (Mom's cousin's kids)that they relish the time you spend with them.
    Thank you, David, for your down-to-earth political views and turning me on to relevant commentaries and news issues.

    And, Thank you, David, for being a son that I am so very proud of, the choices you have made, the commitments you have stated and the path you have chosen. I continue to thank God for you and pray for your continued relationship with Him. I believe you are special, I love you and know that through Him you will further His will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speechless. Thanks Dad, you have no idea how much that means to me

    ReplyDelete