14 August 2011

Number 99: Just As I Am

"I don't know about you but I never get tired of it
Number 99: Just As I Am

I'm a mountain that has been movedI'm a river that is all dried upI'm an ocean nothing floats onI'm a sky that nothing wants to fly in
I'm a sun that doesn't burn hotI'm a moon that never shows its faceI'm a mouth that doesn't smileI'm a word that no one ever wants to say
I'm a mountain that has been movedI'm a fugitive that has no legs to runI'm a preacher with no pulpitSpewing a sermon that goes on and on
Well, if we take all these things and we bury them fastAnd we pray that they turn into seeds, to roots and then grassIt'd be all right, it's all right, it'd be easier that way
Or if the sky opened up and started pouring rainLike it knew it was time to start things over againIt'd be alright, it's alright, it'd be easier that way
Well, if we take all these things and we bury them fastAnd we pray that they turn into seeds, to roots and then grassIt'd be all right, it's all right, it'd be easier that way
Or if the sky opened up and started pouring rainLike it knew it was time to start things over againIt'd be alright, it's alright, it'd be easier that way"
-Daisy, Brand New(post #99)

0 comments:

Post a Comment