07 September 2011

Versailles: a bunch of mirrors and light fixtures


Château de Versailles: cool to see once, but I don't plan on ever going back. Laura summed it up well with: "selfish pricks and tiny dicks... welcome to Versailles". She was not a fan of the -er- less than flattering statues of men. Most of the group loved it, but I really just wasn't a fan. The hall of mirrors was rad, but that was about it. The best part of the day was lunch! I got penne pesto and a beer (that I decided to drink out of a straw, don't ask). I got a lot of strange looks walking around the gardens with that. Oh what would Louis XIV (or whatever stupid numerals they are) think!? I'm not a fan of the french then, and I'm not a fan now... just saying. I only brought my 50mm lens (my zoom lens isn't working right at the moment) so it was a challenge getting certain shots being at a fixed zoom.


Opera Hall

A picture of Matt, taking a picture of Shanan, taking a picture of a chandelier

Hall of Mirrors

Looking out Marie Antoinette's window to the gardens

The never-ending gardens

0 comments:

Post a Comment