09 October 2011

baby it's cold outside


Let me set the scene: I’m in the Austrian Alps, staying in a castle on a hill overlooking the tiny village of Mittersill. It been snowing on and off for the last three days we’ve been here. Last night, there’s a group of us watching Monte Python upstairs, and we suddenly see out the balcony that it is snowing like it’s never snowed before here! When it snowed earlier, it didn’t stick at this altitude, only just above us. But it was finally sticking last night, enough for us to have a massive snowball fight in the courtyard. I may or may not have hit one of my professors in the face with a snowball… my bad Ken! The snow persisted until we went to bed, and we woke up to a winter wonderland! It started to melt early as the sun rose, but it was so awesome! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment