31 October 2011

Roma: eternity in one day

'I saw eternity the other night...' and her name was ROMA! 



Rome, the eternal city! I wasn't a huge fan of it the first time I visited, but now I'm in love! I did all of the following in one single day! Thousands of years of human history in a matter of hours.


The Colosseum was a must! We had an awesome tour guide for this and the Roman Forum. My last tour of both was terrible and our guide hated us! Francesca loved us, and we loved her! Probably the best (non-Gabriel) tour guide we've had on this trip!  


Francesca also walked us around the old Roman Forum. It was only raining a little, but just enough to scare all of the tourists away! The place was near empty, so my pictures came out much better than last time!


After the tour, a group of us decided to carry on with the adventures and to go see as much as possible within walking distance! We frist found ourselves at the Trevi Fountain. I've been told that there's a system to what wishes you wish in order for the magic to work. The first time to Rome and the fountain, you wish to return there (as I did in 2008). The second time you come to Rome and the fountain (aka, this time), you wish to find true love. The third time you come to Rome and the fountain, you're with your true love and you don't need a third wish. Who knows, I'm on track for this to come true!


After lunch, we stumbled upon the Spanish Steps completely by accident. We were looking for some friends that ate separately when we durned a corner and BAM! Spanish Steps in our face!


Our last stop of the day, before we nearly collapsed from walking all over Rome was the Pantheon. This was probably the coolest building I have ever been inside. I don't know why, but last time I was in Rome we skipped it. What a crime! Oh well, at least I got to enjoy it this time around! 

1 comment:

  1. Damn i forgot to wish for true love the last time i went to the trevi! No wonder!! :) But i believe i still remembered to wish to come back to Rome... so I guess I'll just have to go again to get on track.

    ReplyDelete