24 October 2011

Venezia!


Life has been so crazy the past 11 or so days that I’ve been in Italia! (hence me not updating my blog since the night I arrived in Venice). I don’t know where to begin... How about the beginning? That’s a very good place to start. (Sound of Music reference, Austria was rad). 



So my last post was about us arriving in Venice. Venice was so much fun! That city is beyond beautiful, it feels like it’s part of a different world. The only draw back of it, it’s 90% tourists, 10% locals (and they’re only there to profit off the tourists). It’s sad really, I wish I could have seen Venice 50 or 100 years ago. I did what I was told to do last time I was in Venice my by Euro History AP teacher Dugan Miller, I got completely lost (usually on purpose) almost every day we were there. Only then can you see the true beauty of Venice without the tourists surrounding you. It’s amazing how you can just take one turn off a noisy street, and it’s quiet. One more turn, and it’s absolutely silent. 



I love this town, but I’m much more of a big city guy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment