24 October 2011

Florence: awesometown, world


My favorite city I have every been to in my life. And it’s even better than I remember it! This has been the city that I’ve compared every other city to on this trip. I’ve told a lot of people on this trip that, but when they ask why it’s kind of difficult to explain. I just love everything about it, but mostly I love the people. So many other cities are just packed with tourist after tourist. But even though Florence has tourists, its of a different sort. One, the median age of people visiting seems to by way younger. I guess there are so many people studying abroad there (like my sister Annalise did) or college kids like me visiting. Also, it seems like Italians love it there! I’d say the fast majority of the people I’ve interacted with in Florence are Italian. It just feels like a real, living, breathing, crazy Italian city, and I LOVE IT! 



I did everything one should do in Florence, and so much more! Saw the David, climbed the Duomo, walked along the Ponte Vecchio bridge, did’t go to the Uffizi this time around (don’t tell Gabriel, my art prof.), went to the leather market, ate awesome steak… but I also wandered, I explored, I got lost. I had hour long conversations with complete strangers, I watched football (both NFL and Serie A), danced the night away, drank the night away. It was an all around spectacular week.



It was by far one of the most fun weeks of the trip. Even though we had 2,000 word art paper due, a three page WWII paper due, and a 2,000 word technology paper to work on, I still managed to have a ton on fun in my favorite city in the world! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment