17 July 2011

Edinburgh


Coolest city… ever. We only spent a few there, but I’m in love with it. It was both our second times in Edinburgh (we’d gone as a family like 5 years ago), but at least I don’t remember it being this awesome. We walked all around the city, got caught in a gnarly rain storm, visited cemeteries, climbed hills, visited more cemeteries, got caught in an even more gnarly rain storm, and had the best breakfast meal (at 3pm) of my life… all in one afternoon!!! 



We got to Edinburgh from London in the evening, and that night we had a ghost adventure around West End. I found this sketchy path that went to the bottom of a small canyon and went parallel to a little river. It was really dark, and Janelle was really scared. I tried to be as confident as possible, but it was flipping spooky! I’d forgotten my knife in my big bag that I left in London, if I had had it I would have felt much more safe. The path dumped us out in some suburb, and it took us over an hour to find our way back to our hostel. This was at like 2 in the morning, not too bad but still late.


Our train out of Edinburgh wasn’t until 6:30pm the next day, so we had all kinds of adventures in the city (I’ll post about some individually later). The day started off raining, cleared up for a few hours, then dumped like no other, then continued to just constantly drizzle until we left. I LOVE IT. I’m obsessed with the rain, so I feel perfectly at home here. The clouds are unbelievably cool in Scotland, the sky in general is just awesome. You haven’t seen the color green until you’ve been here, it’s nuts.  Everywhere you look it’s green (except for the surprisingly blue sky, when it’s not raining that is). 



Edinburgh is awesome, but my one complaint is the amount of tourists that are there. I have to admit that I was one of them, but that was years ago. I’ve been mistaken as a local multiple times already, it’s the best feeling in the world. I can’t wait to see more and more local Scottish towns.




0 comments:

Post a Comment