21 July 2011

some of the best moments of my life!

For the past two nights, Janelle and I have been staying in Aberdeen, and exploring greater Aberdeenshire. We’ve just taken local buses out of the city down the coast. We have stumbled upon some of the most beautiful sights I have seen in my young life! Yesterday we found this beach with no sand, only perfectly round stones. Janelle spent the entire time looking for cool rocks, and she came back with her purse overflowing with them and one huge one that she thinks looks exactly like a heart.

From there we took a bus to Stonehaven, this picturesque port city on the side of a cove. We found a path and a sign that pointed to a castle 2.5 miles away, so naturally we followed it. About half way through the walk, I saw sign with a picture of the castle we were walking to and I froze. We were walking to the one and only Dunnottar Castle. I’ve dreamed of seeing this castle of years and years. I knew it was in Aberdeenshire but I didn’t know exactly where. I walked as fast as I could across the cliffside path to the castle, and when I finally saw it my heart jumped. It was absolutely the most amazing sight I have ever seen!!

Dunnottar Castle is even better than I imagined! I walked all around it, but when I got to the bottom of the hill where the entrance is, I found that it was closed!! Immediately decided we would come back tomorrow, I then walked around the cliffs surrounding it just soaking in it’s beauty.


This morning we got up and went straight back to it. When I finally got inside, I couldn’t believe it was real. I was sure that any moment I was going to wake up, either not in Scotland, or still in my hostel. But it was 100% real and beautiful. Almost every window looked out over the cliff to the water down below. Everywhere I went I could constantly hear the ocean below and the wind in my ears. It’s extremely difficulty to me to even try and put into words how I felt. All I can say is that multiple times I teared up at its beauty. Here are some pictures I’ve quickly edited, but they don’t even come close to the real thing!






0 comments:

Post a Comment