27 July 2011

Eilean Donan

One of the most iconic castles in Scotland. I never dreamed I would be able to make it up north to in on this trip, but alas, we did! Eilean Donan Castle: friggin awesome!


It's situated on this small island on the side of a beautiful loch. Most of the inside is still intact and had tons and tons of old relics that have been put in it.


We went to it on our bus tour up to Isle of Skye. It was an extra bonus for the trip that we were stoked we got to include!


It was ridiculously sunny the entire day, I actually got sunburned! Who would have thought. For years I've blamed my Scottish skin for always getting burned in southern california, and in Scotland of all places I fry. As you can kind of tell from this picture, the Scottish beard is coming in strong. I've decided NOT to shave or even trim it while I'm in Scotland. It just doesn't seem manly to shave here.





0 comments:

Post a Comment